Zoho Books vs Freshbooks
Whether you are a small business owner, freelancer, entrepreneur, or solopreneur, you are probably well-acquainted with a headache from managing invoices. You don’t get paid without invoices. Yeah, it’s that simple.
Your quest for finding the best invoicing software won’t be that sweet. Indeed, it’s really hard to answer which one is the best invoicing system. Your ideal one will specifically depend on your particular needs, budget, and yes, the complexity of the invoices. Certainly, the top billing software will not be free, meaning it will cost money. This is not a surprise though.
Zoho Books and Freshbooks are elegant accounting solution for anyone. In fact, each of the invoice software shares easy-to-use and business-friendly features. Picking up between these two will definitely be a daunting task, for each being the industry-leading software solution for your business. However, if you are stuck in the process of choosing one, let’s get started with our review.
Commonalities of Zoho Books and Freshbooks
- Both of the invoice software comes with great collaboration feature. It’s quite intuitive and will help you and your employees to work together to keep the book in due course.
- You can centrally synchronize your all bank accounts and easily keep an eye on the income and expenses from each of the platforms.
- Cloud-based functionality. That means you can access all of your necessary information, the important detail, and all the features. The only thing you need is a working internet connection.
- Want to print records on hand? Yes, you can order or download an extra copy if you wish.
- With state-of-the-art technology, you can keep track of any billable hours and stay up to date.
- From mid-sized business to small startups, anyone will get comfortable with this easy-to-use tool. They are both specifically suitable for these customers.
- You will get countless invoice templates to choose from. Alternatively, you can customize your very own invoice using the software, reflecting your own brand and vision.
- Although you won’t get live chat support with Zoho Books, both provide great customer support via phone or mail.
- The invoicing systems are compatible with almost all the popular platforms, including windows, mac, iOS, and Android app.
Zoho Books in Brief
Zoho Books is a great solution for your back-office duties and organization of all sorts of transactions. The best thing about this billing system is it allows your clients to pay easily without leaving your website. You will get rid of repetitive and cumbersome jobs by using this invoice software. Without further ado, let’s see how Zoho Books can help your business.
- Zoho is one of the industry-leading software solution having more than 13 million users. And, Zoho books belong to Zoho productivity suite, which includes 25 applications to make your life easier. You can access all of them from a single account. So, you can think of using this platform if you need more than just an accounting solution for the future.
- It can automate bank feed and payment reminders. You can safely import all your debit and credit card transactions, eliminating the hassles of data entry. At the same time, you can create personalized messages for your customers to remind them about the upcoming payments.
- Zoho Books is well integrated with Stripe, facilitating reconciliation for each type of transaction.
- You can efficiently manage inventory and stocks, and it reduces the hurdles between accounting departments and sales. The software is integrated with Zoho CRM, enabling you to track the credit statuses of your customers.
Zoho Books Pricing
Three pricing plans are available for you: basic, standard, and professional. You also get the opportunity to taste the software and see if it meets all your demands with the 14 days’ free trial. The basic plan will cost you $9/organization per month, and you will get the standard plan at $19/organization per month and the professional plan at $29/organization per month. This is just a quick break down. Check their website for a detailed description of each of the plans and available features.
Zoho Books Overview
- Monthly payment
- Annual Subscription
- Small Business
- Medium Business
- Cloud Hosted
Freshbooks in Brief
Freshbooks is an awesome accounting and finance solution with a number of great features, proudly holding the “Best Accounting Software Award for 2017” by FinancesOnline. In fact, Freshbooks is trusted by more than five million business owners all over the world for client invoicing and to streamline the time tracking.
Freshbooks is an intuitive, easy, non-accountant friendly application. So, don’t get intimidated by lots of features of the software. The new Freshbooks version is launched with improved new and advanced features, modern user interface, and will definitely improve the quality of your work. Guess what? It’s an absolute makeover for this accounting software.
- Freshbooks is updated and features an amazing functionality. And, yes. It’s as easy to use as it’s used to be.
- With the updated and improved time tracking system, Freshbooks offers great billing experience, saving your valuable time. You can accept the payment through different payment gateways, and yes, it’s absolutely online.
- Freshbooks can be a great solution for small business who is looking for some state-of-the-art invoice to payment features. You can even track the exact moment of your customer opening the invoice email. With the latest update, you can add invoice due date, turn on an online payment system, charge late fees, and many more.
- You will get a brilliant reporting from Freshbooks without taking the hassles of entering the data in a spreadsheet. And, creating a profit and loss report is just a few clicks away from you.
Before I start, let me tell you the good news. There’s a 30-day free trial of Freshbooks which you can avail right now to check the most suitable plan for you. It’s great indeed. Freshbooks has a flexible SMB and enterprise scheme to meet the need of all kinds of businesses. The Lite plan costs $15 per month, which allows you to bill up to 5 active clients. Plus will cost $25 per month, allowing you to bill up to 50 active clients. If you need to bill more than that, you can choose Premium. It allows to bill up to 500 active clients at the cost of $50 per month. Check the company website for a complete breakdown of the pricing.
- Monthly payment
- Annual Subscription
- Small Business
- Cloud Hosted
- Live Support
Which one is better?
Tired of all these technical details, right? I don’t want to bore you with such stuff anymore. Let’s get straight to the point. This guide is not intended to list all the features of each invoicing software. In fact, that’d be super boring!
The whole idea is to compare two industry-leading accounting solutions for small to medium-sized businesses, as well as entrepreneurs. However, each of the invoicing systems is good in its own way. And, it’s definitely not the best idea to make a list of cons for each of them. You simply cannot tag the lack of a certain feature as cons because the applications have its own intended users as well.
That being said, let’s get started with the key differences between Zoho Books and Freshbooks. It’ll reduce your headache, promise!
- The trial period for Freshbooks (30 days) is twice as long as Zoho Book’s (14 days).
- When you add files to your accounts, Freshbooks will automatically organize them for you, which Zoho Books will not.
- Zoho Books, unlike the other, will provide some useful learning resources to get started.
- You can create your own workflow and design and organize your accounting accordingly in Zoho Books. Freshbooks won’t allow you to do so.
- Zoho will be a better bet if you are looking for the cost-effective solution. However, Freshbooks provide a better value.
Which One Is the Best for You?
Wrapping it up with the most interesting and important question. Definitely, there’s no clear winner. Personally, I’ve been using Zoho for more than 3 years. And, the only thing I’ll say about it is awesome. However, one size doesn’t fit all.
After all, whichever you choose for your invoicing solution, you will get the best invoicing software which is top rated by numerous users across the globe. The only thing you can expect from them is a robust platform for your invoicing solution.